Workin the R5

I'm most excited about this death bike build...Hopefully fast in 72 means fast now.



I am having a lot of zen moments desiging this bike. The origianl orange and now rust look reminded me of The Rocketeer. Built in his garage, now the bitch can fly!!!


My idea is old rust, and bronze (if I can figure out how to weld it). I already picked up an old wood burning stove grate. I looks awesome in my head, a couple tail lights, break light and some siding...


I got the rust and clear coat idea courteous of Hutch. I like to make the bike look meaner by raising the tank about 2-3 in. It really makes a differance. I had to pop that zip of a speedometer on the front of my snout. I knocked the cluster down to just the speedometer, then fabricated a small bracket to lower it into the headlight. Careful not to get to close that cable does not want to bend at all.



I also wanted to keep the N F C lights from the tach side so I cut the thing in half. Took off the plate from the tach and cut out the bottom half. Put it behind the speed plate and like Shampoo and Conditioner, two into one.


To be way continued...

0 comments: