R5


My little R5.This bike reminds me of an old man ('72 so 37, old in bike years!) with a rocket for a wheel chair. Maybe because the power to weight ratio is close to that of a superbike.I recently picked up a Motorcyclist Mag with guess what RD and R5 on the front cover with the statement 2-STROKE GIANT KILLER. Im really excited to start this tear down.



Wham, off fast than a prom dress


Dirty dirty girl...


I bought this engine frozen... After a closer look the #1 piston has rusted to the sides of the cylinder walls!! Busted it out with a hammer and broke the piston. That might be expensive to fix. Shit. It turns out to be the least of my worries.

Those carbs are done for. Completely stuck, no slide no go. I found a guy with a ULTRASONIC CARBURETOR!!! It sounds cool and Im going to go check him out, maybe, i'll work with what I got. If you have AIDS make lemonAIDS!!!!

Sorry that was bad

The engine was sent off to get cleaned at a friends shop, should get it back soon




And here is a preview of the next post
-clip ons
-single gauge
-raise tank
-neat furnace from 1870's I took apart to make some parts!!


0 comments: