Putt putt......

In the long run, I should have waited on the carbs. The VM30's were brand new when I bought them for the R5 but this bike really needs CV carbs. Constant Velocity prevents the engine from stumblin right off idle. I was also having a problem tuning the Mikuni's because the jets are measured in cc/min and Keihin measures in drill sizes. I also found a bunch of calculations to do to determine jets. Its a basic principle but to many unreliable in the engine. Its best to get the thing on the road listen to what she's sayin and read the plugs. Trying to get the bike as close to stock first and running is always a good starting point too. Then mess with it.

See ran, but like a smoker on a 5 mile jog. Im gonna wait until I can get new jets in the Keihin's


I have seen a lot of bikes with extra long cables and I'm likin them. They just need to be routed a bit better, not just up and around. I put mine around the headlight. I junked the headlight bucket too. The naked bulb looks simple, it just vibrates the shit out of the beam might need to fix that. And I through on a couple nostalgic pieces and wrapped the top tree with leather.

Next, can I keep the tail light from ripping out everytime I hit a bump and gettin the carbs to run with cheap pods.

0 comments: