From Ground to Road



Heres the story...

The write of the CL350 is a quick one but I figured it would be interesting to read. Maybe it could help anyone, with a 350 or not. Its got a lot of patience and trial and error. Regardless its
neat to see a bikes ground to road progress.

Like I said before a buddy of mine gave me this bike a couple months ago. Most of the parts were there but it showed 29 years of aging. I
started with the tear down and for a bike with only 7000 miles of it, I figured the engine would be fine. The only thing it needed really were rings, points and a little electrical work.


With an easy bike to fix I focused on the aesthetics. I wrote down a bunch of ideas and came up with you have seen in the past couple posts. A lot of people have told me I have a steampunk style. Look it up if you need to, its 40's gears and tops hats meets futuristic apocalypse. I was tired of wiring harnesses and ripped it out of the bike and planned out a new way. With everything I needed to run the bike on a table I mapped out a way to run the wiring around the engine with pipes. It turned out better than I expected.

I had been working out of my parents garage for ever and finished my shed at my place, hauled everything over and started putting the CL back together again. Should have I put my new VM30's from my R5 on and tried to kick it over??

Sorry, I got to make this story a little interesting. Ill post more in a couple days

0 comments: