Long awaited disaster

It all came together with no problems. Took her out for a quick spin and...poop. I missed one small little step. I thought when it first happen I broke a timing chain. The kick start turned over too easy. After a tow and a tear down it was the two bolts that hold the timing gear to the cam, sheared in half. I learned what shouldered bolts were meant to do in school but I just missed seeing that one of the bolts was shouldered and needed to be in the right hole. I guess it's a somewhat common problem. O well. One bend valve and bolts, which are kind of hard to find, later I might be back in business. One small problem I'm stuck on now is the left intake valve I took from another motor seems to have way to much clearance with the tappet. Gotta figure that out and back on the road before it snows!



-- Bam! From My iPhone

0 comments: