July 25, 08


VMD

Vintage Motorcycle Days out at MidSports Ohio.

My girlfriend (Jaca) and I drove 3+ hours to see the all day event. She was a trooper to come to a 8 hour Grease/Smog Fest :-)

The event was really great in terms of the amount of people to meet and trade both parts and info. I met with a couple of well know to the motorcycle enthusiast. Craig Vetter the WindJammer creator, just to name one.

I learned a lot of useful tip about building bikes from a building name blank (sorry maybe later). Some chrome tips were what really came useful. Other Very Important Tips:

  1. Finish welding and cutting before painting...duh
  2. A BIG BIG wiring diagram is nice
  3. Never rush
  4. Make friends with welders, fabricators and part stores
  5. For everything you design yourself:
  • Make mesurements
  • Make cardboard mockup
  • Make wood mockup
  • Remake mockups 100x
  • Final, make finished piece



A tip I taught myself after leaving the venders area. !Know what you need before you go shopping! This has helped me a number of times. I go to the parts store and ASSUME I need this or that part and then not need that part or its the wrong one!!!

Make sure you are sure you know what you are sure about.

a.k.a. Know what you need to buy, do not assume.

After a quick cool down at the Cafe Tent, Jaca and I headed home...Awesome bikes, awesome time.




Bang, Bang

0 comments: